RLT Covid-19 Safety Protocols
PHASE 2 – Effective June 1, 2021
Phase 2 of our Reopening Plan focuses on safely welcoming artists, students, and public audiences back into our space. These plans are reflective of Washoe County Health Department guidelines and are subject to change.
For the safety of our artists, students, staff, volunteers, and audience members, we ask anyone who is not fully vaccinated to wear a mask OR view events online when possible. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone at any time.
- We ask anyone who has been experiencing symptoms of illness (including, but not limited to: coughing, runny nose, fever) to STAY HOME.
- Masks are highly encouraged for unvaccinated audience members.
- RLT will provide masks if needed.
- RLT will make hand sanitizer available throughout the premises.
- All events will be Reserved Seat ticketing.
- We will offer flexible exchange and refund policies for illness.
- Maximum capacity for any event will be dependent upon Washoe County Health Department rules. RLT may decide to reduce capacity for events as desired and based on production needs.
- Front of House compliance will be overseen by the Operations Manager and/or Executive Director.
- All cast and crew members will complete a Covid-19 screening before entering the building, including a temperature check.
- Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 F or higher or who is exhibiting common symptoms of COVID will not be admitted. Vaccinated people who have a fever can return 24hrs after symptoms have resolved. Unvaccinated people can return 24hrs after symptoms have resolved AND also provide a negative COVID test.
- RLT will maintain a supply of masks, disinfectant wipes, and hand sanitizer.
- Management of scheduling will be done on the RLT Spaces Google Calendar. No event will take place without approval from the Executive Director.
- These plans will be regularly reviewed and updated by the Executive Director and RLT Board.
Partner Events & Rentals
- All partner events and rentals must abide by RLT safety protocols. Partners/renters will also be required to submit a copy of their written event plans for approval on a case-by-case basis. This information should include information on the number of people working on a project (and in what capacity), the spaces that will be required for the project, and their own company safety protocols.
- An RLT staff member will be onsite for all partner events & rentals to ensure that any safety protocols are being enforced.
- Partner events & rentals will be encouraged to use RLT staff/trained volunteers for box office, concessions, and stage management to ensure adherence to RLT procedures.
- We will continue the use of virtual meetings as needed.
- All meetings will have an option for people to attend virtually.
- If everyone attending a meeting is fully vaccinated, masks are not required.
- Masks will be required if meetings happen when there are students in the building.
- We will highly encourage artists/crew members & volunteers to be vaccinated.
- Preference in casting will be given to artists who are fully vaccinated.
- If all cast/crew members of a production are vaccinated, masks will not be required at rehearsals/meetings or performances.
- Anyone showing symptoms of illness will be asked not to attend rehearsals or performances.
- Through the remainder of 2021, we will encourage cast sizes to be limited to smaller groups whenever possible.
- Rehearsals will be scheduled to include only the necessary cast/crew members.
- Cast/Crew will be asked to sanitize/wash their hands when they arrive on site. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- High-touch props and set surfaces will be cleaned between use.
- Frequent hand washing will be encouraged for all cast, crew, and volunteers.
- Production compliance will be overseen by the Stage Manager on duty.
Camps & Classes
- Camps & Classes will be limited to 15 students.
- Staff & students will remain masked at all times until the time that vaccines have been made available to children of all ages.
- Students and staff are required to wear masks with the exception of eating, drinking, and designated outdoor “mask break” times. Face shields can be worn in addition to a mask, but cannot replace a mask. Disposable masks will be provided to any student if for any reason they do not have their own or need a replacement. We require masks that follow CDC guidelines.
- Before entering class each day all staff & students will have their temperature taken and complete a verbal health questionnaire. Anyone with a temp. of 100+ or who is exhibiting common symptoms of COVID will not be allowed to enter the building. Students/Staff who have a fever can return 24hrs after symptoms have resolved. Unvaccinated people must also provide a negative COVID test before returning to class. For those that have been vaccinated, we will still require the individual to wear a mask, social distance, and abide by all COVID safety precautions.
- If a student exhibits symptoms (fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing) they will be separated from the group until they are able to be picked up by a parent or listed emergency contact.
- If a student experiences COVID-19 symptoms while at class, the student will be immediately quarantined and caregivers will be notified to pick up the student. If a staff member or teaching artist experiences COVID-19 symptoms while at camp, they will be immediately sent home. If a staff member, teacher, or student tests positive, staff will contact the Washoe County Health Department to help determine whether other students need to quarantine or if the class will move to a virtual format. All families who have had contact with the individual will be notified by RLT staff.
- If an unvaccinated student is identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, the student must quarantine for 14 days OR they can return 7 days after receiving a negative test result (test must occur on day 5 or later) that individual must isolate and will not be able to rejoin the class for 14 days or until they receive a negative test result. Staff will be required to present a negative COVID test in order to return to work. The class will only transition to a virtual format if the individual later tests positive for COVID-19 or starts showing symptoms. All families who had contact with the student will be notified by RLT.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all times.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned regularly.
- Students will have a designated cubby & supplies for the duration of any project.
- Social distancing will be maintained during meal times.
- Refusal to abide by any of our safety protocols and procedures could result in removal from the facilities without a refund.
Additional Education Program Rules
Pick up & drop off
- Items students are allowed to bring into the building will be limited. Allowable items include reusable water bottles (suggested), coats, and lunches. All items must be clean. Personal items must be labeled with the student’s name.
- No parents will be permitted in the building.
- Staff will be available to walk students into the building and return them to their parents’ cars at the designated pickup and drop-off times.
- Parents or persons designated to pick up will need to be on the Approved Pick-Up list and present an ID in order for their child to be released to them.
- Parents will be asked to provide an extended list of emergency contacts that are able to pick the student up in case of any emergency.
In the classroom:
- Classroom rules will be posted.
- Students will remain masked at all times.
- Students will sanitize their hands before entering the classroom or theater space.
- Posted classroom rules will indicate that students should cough or sneeze into their upper arm.
- Cubbies will be provided & each student should use their assigned cubby for the entirety of their program.
- Each student will have their own supplies (ie. crayons, markers, scissors) for the duration of the camp/class. There will be no shared equipment, costumes, props, or supplies.
- Students will be asked to bring a refillable water bottle.
- Staff will help fill up water bottles/cups with the water dispenser in the classroom.
In the restroom:
- One student in the bathroom at a time.
- Staff members will sanitize the bathroom after large group bathroom break times.
- Students will be asked to wash hands before and after mealtimes.
- Tables will be sanitized before and after meals.
- Trash will be thrown away after meals.
When in transition line:
- Students will be required to maintain an arm’s length distance & five-second pace behind or in front of each other.