Play: “Bull in a China Shop”
Author: Bryna Turner
Director: Melissa Taylor
Assistant Director: Moira Bengochea
Stage Manager: Erich Goldstein
Production Manager: Chad Sweet
Audition Date & Time: Sunday, October 3rd, 6pm-9pm
Can’t make it to auditions? Send an audition video to email@example.com by 5pm on Saturday, October 2nd to be considered.
Callbacks: Monday, October 4th, 6pm-9pm
Location: Reno Little Theater – Main Theater
Audition material required: 2-3 minute contemporary monologue. If you do not have a monologue prepared, a side will be made available for a cold-reading.
Schedule to be determined after casting. Meet & Greet and Read Thru tentatively scheduled for the week of October 11th. Rehearsal period begins immediately after casting, because the rehearsal period will be interrupted by holidays.
January 14 15, 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29, February 3, 4, 5 @ 7:30pm
January 16, 23, 30 & February 6 @ 2pm
Play synopsis: Inspired by the real letters between Mary Woolley and Jeannette Marks spanning from 1899 to 1937, this fast-paced comedy asks: What is revolution? What does it mean to be at odds with the world? How do we fulfill our potential? And how the hell do we grow old together?
Themes: Women’s Rights, LGBTQ, Feminism, Friendship, Love, Aging, Betrayal
Content warnings: Staged intimacy, course language
- Cast & crew members must be fully vaccinated.
- RLT will follow Washoe County Health District guidelines and mandates regarding Covid-19 Safety Protocols.
Available Roles (5f):
All actors must be 18+. All roles are open to actors of any ethnicity.
- Wooley (Mary) – Female-identifying or non-binary femme presenting. The swagger of a gunslinger buttoned into an ankle-length dress; a confident and caring partner to Marks.
- Marks (Jeanette) – Female-identifying or non-binary femme presenting. A moody & fitful writer and partner, an enigmatic teacher; Woolley’s former student and current partner, ten years Woolley’s junior.
- Dean Walsh – Female-identifying or non-binary femme presenting. A tight-lipped New England type. Woolley’s subordinate, but Marks’ superior.
- Pearl – Female-identifying or non-binary femme presenting. The president of a secret society of fangirls of the relationship between Marks & Wooley, Marks’ obviously devoted student.
- Felicity – Female-identifying or non-binary femme presenting. Marks’ roommate in a house off campus called Sweet Pea. A professor in the Philosophy department.